Need An Eye Exam In Tulsa?Dr. Zoellner & Associates Has Been Serving Tulsa For Over 25 Years!
Come See The Best Team Of Eye Doctors At Dr. Zoellner and Associates!
Our base eye exam starts at only $48. We have a variety of exams to suite your needs, including are highly recommended “Optomap Eye Exam” that is only $77. Read more about the importance of an Optomap Eye exam below.
We are proud to offer advanced testing and diagnosing equipment at both of our offices. For example, our Optomap technology allows doctors to get a more detailed and comprehensive exam, helping prevent major eye problems from developing.
Value | Convenience | Quality
Our primary focus is serving our patients with the highest level of eye care available, while also being one of the most affordable and convenient places to get an eye exam in Tulsa. Our top team of eye doctors make sure our patients get the best level of eye care available. Our 1-hour labs help make sure you have your eyeglasses ready in no-time. Our efficient office design and amazing team of employees help make your eye doctor visit quick so your not wasting time. Patients also love that we have convenient locations to serve you from. CLICK HERE to learn more about our 2 great locations.
Why A Yearly Eye Exam Is So Important
- Detect Problems Early– Many of the major eye problems do not show symptoms until the problem gets very serious. Getting a yearly eye exam can help detect serious eye problems early on so that they can be treated without causing serious damage. Getting a regular eye exam can detect glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. Also, amblyopia is a common cause of vision loss in children, and if amblyopic factors are detected early vision loss can be prevented.
- Yearly Eye Exam– The American Optometric Association has different recommendations based on age and other factors. If you currently wear glasses or contacts, it’s recommend to get an eye exam every year. For healthy adults, it’s recommended to get a comprehensive eye exam every one to two years. Now you should realize, there is a big difference between a basic eye exam you might receive at an optical chain, and a comprehensive eye exam that we provide at Dr. Z’s. A comprehensive eye exam is much more rigorous and thorough, which is what you want! In order to keep your eyes and health is check, you want to make sure you have a comprehensive eye exam with Optomap!
- Comprehensive Eye Exam– Dr. Zoellner strongly recommends that all of our patients receive a visual field test, retinal photographs and/or dilation as a part of our comprehensive visual analysis. Because many serious conditions and diseases can be missed without having the full comprehensive exam, it’s highly recommended that a full, comprehensive exam is done at least once a year.
Eye Exam Prices
|Basic Eye Exam||$48|
|Eye Exam and dilation||$68|
|Eye Exam with visual field screening||$68|
|Eye Exam with visual field screening and dilation||$78|
|Eye Exam with a contact lens fitting||$75|
|Eye Exam with Optomap||$77|
|Eye Exam with visual field screening and Optomap||$97|
|Eye Exam with contact lens fitting, visual field screening and dilation||$105|
Basic Eye Exam:
A complete eye health check with glasses prescription. Because many eye and vision problems show no obvious signs or symptoms, it’s important to get an exam so the doctor can check for any issues that could lead to vision loss. Your basic eye exam will include a look at the following:
- Health History
- Visual Acuity
- Eye Focus & Movement Testing
- Eye Health Evaluation
One of the reasons people love our office is that you can get next day, and in many instances, same day appointments.
Dilation involves placing drops in your eyes to enlarge your pupil size. When the eye is dilated, we are able to get a much broader and fuller view of the inside of the eye. This aids us in determining diseases, damage to the retina ( such as holes or tears) and evaluation of cataracts. The fee for this test is $20.00. With dilation of the eyes you may experience the following effects: Increased sensitivity to light, A slight blurring of distance vision, And Inability to focus up close.
These effects typically last from 4-8 hrs. In order to avoid the effects from dilation, you may want to ask your doctor about an Optomap exam. The Optomap exam gives the doctor a detailed view of the eye without the side-effects of dilation , and in some circumstances can be used instead of dilation.
Contact Lens Exam Fitting:
The doctors fit and determines the contact lens prescription. Contacts are placed directly on the eye, where they float on a film of tears in front of the cornea. Correct design and fitting of the lenses are essential for comfort, safety, and accurate correction. The fee for this fitting is $27.00
Visual Field Testing:
A highly sophisticated computerized instrument now enables us to provide a more thorough visual field screening. This instrument checks for loss of sight, both in central and peripheral areas. Visual field testing can assist us in early detection of glaucoma, retinal problems, some neurological diseases (such as brain tumors and optic nerve disease), and better enables us to diagnose causes of headaches. The fee for this test is $20.00
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. Dr. Robert Zoellner and Associates offers the optomap® as an important part of our eye exams. The optomap produces an image that is unique and provides our doctors with a high-resolution 200° image in order to ascertain the health of your retina. This is much wider than a traditional 45° image. Many eye problems can develop without you knowing, in fact, you may not even notice any change in your sight – fortunately, diseases or damage such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, and other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be seen with a thorough exam of the retina. The fee for the Optomap is $29.00
The inclusion of optomap as part of a comprehensive eye exam provides:
- A scan to show a healthy eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your doctor a more comprehensive view than they can get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
A permanent record for your file, which allows our doctors to view your images each year to look for changes. The optomap is fast, easy, and comfortable for anyone. The entire image process consists of you looking into the device one eye at a time. The optomap images are shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you.